EHRVA Partners To Launch Inaugural National Health IT Week
In June representatives from EHRVA will join approximately 30 other visionary organizations traveling to Washington, D.C. to participate in the inaugural National Health IT Week (June 5-8, 2006). http://www.healthitweek.org/
(CHICAGO) May 10, 2006 – National Health IT Week is the nation’s first fully collaborative annual forum where public and private sector organizations will unite to foster widespread health IT adoption through ‘One Voice, One Vision.’ The week will consist of multiple events including:
- The AHRQ Patient Safety and Health IT Conference (June 4-7, Renaissance Washington, D.C. Hotel)
- The annual HIMSS Summit (June 7-8, Renaissance Hotel),
- HIMSS Advocacy Days (June 5-6, Capitol Hill).
A cornerstone of the week, National Health IT Day (June 7, Renaissance Hotel), will feature keynote presentations by:
- Newt Gingrich, Former Speaker, U.S. House of Representatives and Founder, Center for Health Transformation,
- Carolyn Clancy, MD and Director for the Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality (AHRQ),
- Mark McClellan, MD, PH.D., Administrator, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, (CMS), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Register for National Health IT Day today at http://www.healthitweek.org/bridge_day.html.
EHRVA is proud to support National Health IT Week, and we hope to see you in Washington at this June event.