Open Invitation to EHR Developers
As a trade association of EHR developers, EHRA is better positioned than individual companies to represent the EHR industry as a whole in the many initiatives under way. By working together, EHR developers are able to make interoperability development faster and easier to achieve. The current set of public and private initiatives, if done well, could accelerate EHR adoption and improve quality of care, but if done poorly, could actually slow EHR adoption and have little or no impact on quality of care. EHRA members have considerable untapped expertise and experience and can help make sure that the initiatives are properly developed and thus actually help accelerate EHR adoption and improve quality. Accelerated EHR adoption could have a major impact on the U.S. healthcare system by improving quality and reducing costs.
If you are an EHR developer and are interested in accelerating the adoption of EHR’s, having a greater voice in the direction of interoperability and standards development, and improving the quality of care, the EHR Association is interested in having you as a member.
Become a Member
Organizations wishing to become a member of the EHR Association will be required to meet the following requirements:
- The applicant company must be a HIMSS Corporate Member in good standing with HIMSS. If your company is not a corporate member, you may apply by completing the registration.
- The applicant company must design, develop and market its own proprietary Electronic Health Record (EHR) software application.
- The applicant company must be an Electronic Health Record (EHR) developer that is a legally formed company in good standing.
- The applicant company must be an Electronic Health Record (EHR) developer that makes their EHR software application commercially available in the United States of America.
- The applicant company must be an Electronic Health Record (EHR) developer that has, at a minimum, five (5) EHR customer installations in commercial use in the United States.
The EHR Association is comprised of companies that develop and sell electronic health record systems and have voluntarily elected to form a trade association in order to accelerate EHR adoption.
The primary mission of the Association is to provide a forum for the EHR developer community to collaborate on standards development, EHR certification process, interoperability, performance and quaility measurement, and other issues that are subject to increasing government oversight as well as provider association inititiatives and requests.